Volume 2, Issue B ::: June 1998
- Copies of the full technical reports of NCSALL-sponsored research are available from
World Education for $10 each.
To order The Economic Impact of the GED by John Tyler, Richard Murnane, and John Willett or
U.S. Adult Literacy Program Practice: A Typology Across Dimensions of Life-Contextualized / Decontextualized and Dialogic/Monologic by Victoria Purcell-Gates, Sophie Degener, and Erik Jacobson, contact the NCSALL Reports Editor, World Education, 44 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210-1211; telephone (617) 482-9485; e-mail NCSALL@WorldEd.org.
GED Resources and Research
- Baldwin, J., Kirsch, I.S., Rock, D. & Yamamoto, K. The Literacy Proficiencies of
GED Examinees: Results from the GED-NALS Comparison Study. (Washington, DC: American
Council on Education and Educational Testing Service, 1995). Available from GED Fulfillment
Service, (301) 604-9073 or fax (301) 604-0158. GED Statistical Reports and an
information bulletin on the tests of General Educational Development is also available
from the GED Fulfillment Service.
- GED Items, the newsletter of the GED Testing Service, are available free from the
Subscriptions Manager, GED Testing Service, American Council on Education, One Dupont
Circle NW, Suite 250, Washington, DC 20036-1163.
- Information about the tests of General Educational Development, a list of GED program
contacts in the 50 states, Canada, and overseas, and GED publications information are
available online at GED Publications
- Johnson, M. & Valentine, T. Outcomes of GED Graduation: An Annotated Bibliography of Research Reports. (Athens, GA: University of Georgia, Department of Adult Education, College of Education, 1992).
- The project, "Something to Think About," has been published on the Internet at Something to think about. Print copies are available from The Texas Center for Adult Literacy and Learning Clearinghouse at 1-(800)-441-7323.
- For online resources related to GED math, visit the Teachers' Place
Spanish Language Literacy
- For a bibliography entitled "Spanish Native Language Literacy Instruction" (1996), contact NCLE, Attn: Product Orders, 1118 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037 Fax (202) 659-5641. For additional resources on Spanish language literacy instruction, visit the NCLE web site.